Open position: Head of Operations Europe
The Wealth and Asset Management world is rapidly shifting towards the Blockchain Technology and Digital Assets.
You will act as liaison within the Swiss operating entity and the holding in Canada (Finance, external stakeholders). The person will also coordinate on growth targets and strategical objectives with the other business teams (Investments and Sales & Marketing) and report to our CEO.
Head of Operations Europe
The position interacts with internal parties (CEO, Investment team, Sales & Marketing Team, holding stakeholders) and external parties (regulators, auditors, legal counsel, outsourcing contractors). Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are critical to communicate and resolve issue across multiple areas and functions.
This is an opportunity to work closely with the CEO and with the other operating departments (Investments and Sales & Marketing).
The role is multi-faceted and covers everything from implementing new IT and operating systems to ensuring legal compliance or manage stakeholders. This is an opportunity to build and shape a growing business and bring it to the next level.
We are looking only for candidates with experience of asset management and project management, who have an hands-on personality with seniority to interact with any stakeholders.
This would suit an financial services operations professional from a larger team looking to take a more prominent operating role.
- Skills/Experience/Passion about blockchain technology is a must
- Natural community-builder – understands the long-game, and how to cultivate positive-sum value
- Deep knowledge of the asset management ecosystem and strong personal network, especially in the Swiss market
- Strong client service orientation
- High ownership, execution, and hustle – an ability to operate in uncertainty and deliver on your goals.
- Has great interpersonal skills, charisma, and enjoys building new relationships
- Has strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
- Experience in sales is a plus
- German, English, any other language is a plus
- Swiss working permit
Why join us?
New fast growing and still very much uncovered investment class. We offer:
- Cash compensation
- Great commission and bonus structure
- Equity and Options
Part-Time (80 %) to Full-Time (100 %)
Location Remote (maximum 60%)
Work from home and be free in your daily routine. We plan to open an office in Zug where the candidate would be at least 2-3 days per week.
- Manage the different program and project development and liaise with the holding company in Canada, which will be listed at the end of the year
- Serve as main point of contact for all the internal and external business partners and support the CEO
- Balance priorities and drive workstreams short and long term; executing on immediate priorities while working towards a clear vision to evolve our capabilities for the long term
- Identifies and solves the most complex, operational and organizational problems leveraging the appropriate resources.
- Oversee end-to-end operations programs, business-related processes, risk and controls
- Create clear work plans, roadmaps and manage the company budget planning and tracking in coordination with the CFO in Canada
- Allocates resources and coordinate with the other business lines (Investment, Sales & Marketing) to align with Company business objectives and annual plan
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution
- Helps business areas develop and implement procedures
- Executive responsibility and governance oversight of the company’s activities
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and optimize organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Responsible for the following activities with internal and external stakeholders (operations, growth strategy, finance, legal, compliance, regulatory, audits, outsourcing services)
- Coordinates all teams to ensure work is achieved in a timely, efficient manner
- 10+ years of total work experience and 7+ years of management experience in financial services preferred
- Deep knowledge of the asset management industry, various fund structures, legal and regulatory environment
- Experience leading and building up teams
- Demonstrated experience managing broad based, high-volume program operations in a corporate setting
- Strong budget management skills, analytical and problem solving acumen
- Able to establish organizational systems to improve efficiency in a changing environment
- Experienced in software implementation to guide the company through its future operating developments
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to set priorities and work in a self-directed fashion
- Team focused, have a flexibility working style, proactively seek solutions and a ‘get things done’ mentality
- Excellent in both written and oral communication; comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels
- Extensive knowledge of asset management best practices
- Self-starter with exceptional organizational and planning skills; forward thinker
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Must be able work independently and without direction as well as collaboratively with colleagues in varied positions
SPIRIT aims to become a leading Blockchain & Digital Asset company focused on streaming, royalties and cryptoassets investments. The firm provides investors with a direct exposure to the sector, without the technical complexity or constraints of purchasing the underlying cryptoassets. SPIRIT’s strategy is based upon Management’s conviction that the Blockchain and Digital Asset ecosystem will register significant growth and outperform traditional asset classes over the medium to long-term. As a result, cryptoassets will become an integral part of diversified portfolios. Additionally, SPIRIT is building the bridge between North America and Europe/Switzerland. (Website: www.spiritblockchain.com)
Please only apply if you have the necessary qualifications and skills as well as an entrepreneurial attitude. We reserve the right not to give any feedback to non-qualified candidates and will contact suitable candidates only.
Please send us your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Florian Volery, Head of Investments.